Facts About SHS
- We enroll a total of 1,150 students.
- 100 percent of each graduating class continues their studies in four-year colleges and universities, nearly all of them immediately upon graduation from Sacred Heart.
- 19 percent of the Class of 2012 was recognized in the National Merit competition.
- 29 percent in our high school are students of color; 31 percent in grades preschool through eighth grade.
- Over 73 percent percent of our classroom teachers hold advanced degrees.
Our 63-acre campus blends traditional and historic architecture with state-of-the-art modern facilities. In addition to classroom buildings, student facilities include state-of-the-art performing arts centers and classrooms; multiple fine arts classrooms, one with an outdoor art patio with kiln; five modern athletic fields (including two new Lower/Middle School fields to be completed by spring 2013); an aquatic center with an Olympic-size swimming pool; an all-weather track, football field and field house; a tennis complex; and two gymnasiums.
We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA), and are affiliated with the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and the International Network of Sacred Heart Schools.